SYRACUSE, N.Y. — Central New York will warm up Wednesday despite a chance for a bit of rain and snow at times during the day.
An inch or two of snow is possible in some places across parts of Central New York Wednesday. The biggest concern, however, will be a light coating of ice over the snow early Wednesday morning.
Temperatures will warm up later Wednesday with highs in the mid 40s. A strong breeze is also expected.
Beginning Wednesday night we can expect scattered lake effect snow in areas southeast of Lake Ontario, the National Weather Service said. The lake effect snow will last through Thursday.
A cold air mass moving toward our region Thursday could mean some more lake effect snow, Time Warner Cable News said. But significant accumulation isn’t expected and our temperature on Friday should be in the low 40s.
- Wednesday: Cloudy. Slight chance of light rain in the morning. Chance for rain and snow later in the day. Southwest winds around 10 mph with gusts up to 30 mph. Highs in the mid 40s. Lows in the high 20s.
- Thursday: Partly sunny with a chance for snow during the day. Northwest winds of about 15 mph and gusts up to 25 mph. Highs in the low 30s. Lows in the low 20s.
- Friday: Partly sunny with a chance for rain and light snow during the day and evening. Highs in the low 40s. Lows in the low 30s.
- Saturday: Cloudy with a chance for rain and snow during the day. Highs in the low 40s. Lows around 30.
- Sunday: Partly sunny with a slight chance of rain or light snow. Highs in the low 40s. Lows in the low 30s.
You can also follow us on Facebook or visit http://www.syracuse.com/weather/ for more on the weather.
To send in weather info, or especially photos: Use the Twitter or Instagram hashtag: #cnyweather Also, please let us know where the images are located.